2. Integrity in business dealings Corruption will not be tolerated.
3. Principle of sustainability Bayer is conscious of its responsibility to protect health and the environment and ensure people’s safety.
4. Upholding foreign trade laws The provisions of all national and international foreign trade laws must be observed.
5. Preserving equal opportunity in securities trading Every employee is obligated to treat confidentially any internal information that could affect the price of the company's stock.
6. Proper record-keeping and transparent financial reporting An internal control system must provide for the proper documentation of key business processes. Controls must be established to ensure that all transaction details relevant for accounting purposes are fully and correctly captured.
7. Fair and respectful working conditions All employees are expected to behave in a friendly, objective, fair and respectful manner toward colleagues and third parties. Discrimination or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
8. Protecting our intellectual property rights and respecting those of others Confidential company information must not be disclosed to any third party or made public. Employees must treat the intellectual property rights of other entities with the same respect.
9. Keeping corporate and personal interests separate All employees must always keep their personal interests separate from those of the company. Personnel decisions and business relationships with third parties must also be based solely on objective criteria.
10. Cooperation with the authorities The company endeavors to be cooperative in its dealings with all authorities and government agencies. All information communicated to the authorities must be correct and complete and be provided in an open, timely and understandable manner.
2. Every supervisor must organize his or her area of responsibility so as to ensure adherence to company rules and applicable law and thus to the Corporate Compliance Policy.
3. The holding company, subgroups, service companies and country organizations appoint Compliance Officers, whose responsibilities include providing advice and training on compliance issues and investigating any alleged compliance violations.
4. All employees are required to immediately report any violations of the Corporate Compliance Policy.
5. Corporate Auditing will review the effectiveness of the Corporate Compliance Policy at regular intervals.